Is this Real?

James and I have finally gone and ...
The day has finally arrived. Orlando isn't nearly as humid as I had expected and the guys so far have exceeded my expectations. Is this real? Am I really going to be spending a year of my life traveling the world, reaching thousands with the gospel of Christ...unreal.
Leaving pretty much sucked more than ever. Tears don't often pass through these eyes and yet i found both the ability and desire to hold them back were both gone. These are the faces that make up my life, these are the people that I exist for and for now our paths run in different locations. Our finally goodbye was one I will cherish and not soon forget. I did the cool guy hug thing with my roommates, left my PB condo for the last time and headed to SDSU as i had for the last 4 years. As i approached where I was to pick up James and Daniel (Schmidty) i felt the emotions coming and I quickly tossed on my shades. As i drove up the house, James let out a loud yell and i believe the sight of the friends that came to see us off indeed set me off. Thankyou to Cori, Kim, Ariel, Jasmine, Rooph, Lotus, Blitz and the Rosenbergs for that final farewell. My heart although hurting was at peace in that moment with you all. Final hugs and tears, and off we left.
The drive out was long, but genuine. A good time to get to know the 'other' Californian...oh, Schmidty. Stayed with a few friends across the great expanse that is the U.S. of A and were labeled "tree hugging hippies" by one drunk emcee in a New Orleans Bar. However, i feel due to his attire, (a nun outfit w/a "i drink for Jesus" shirt) that he was not quite the best judge of character. We also had the joy of prank calling our director Greg, with a hometown greeting from Tupac..."California Love" Already a handful of memorable moments and the year has yet to really start.
Life's good outside of everything external and God is preparing me for something big i hope. My heart is still a bit heavy since leaving many friends and family behind, but the heaviness is somehow lifted by the bold and adventurous spirits that i've come to call teammates. My prayers right now remain with everyone back home and to my dear friend Alli who is on a plane right now on her way to China. To anyone reading, i love ya. peace out

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home